China Emergency Light : Emergency Lighting Test Project
Emergency lighting automatic test
LEDOLOGY accessories with emergency lighting are equipped with standard “automatic testing” and are available on request for DALI. This feature allows for periodic automatic checks of the condition of the battery, electronics and light source. This is in accordance with the protocol set in the microcontroller software. The agreement complies with the requirements of the IEC62034 international standard.
China Emergency Light describes the lamps used for emergency lighting using the following tests:
1. Commissioning test: Once the connector is connected to the main power supply for the first time. The battery is charged for 24 hours and then fully self-tested. Then charge the battery within 24 hours. The condition of the luminaire will become clear after 48 hours.
2. Short function test: After pressing and releasing the test button within 5 seconds, the luminaire tests the status of the battery, electronics and light source.
3. Monthly functional test: automatic test for 5 seconds per month.
4. Annual self-test: 1 hour of annual automatic full self-test.
The buttons on the emergency light accessory allow you to check the function in the following ways:
1. Press and hold the test button or disconnect the current on L1, the luminaire will return to emergency lighting.
2. By releasing the test button or reconnecting the current on L1, the fixture will perform a short function test lasting 5 seconds.
3. Press and release the test button twice in 5 seconds (or disconnect and reconnect the current on L1 twice within 5 seconds). The accessory will reset itself. All errors in the microcontroller’s memory will be deleted. After this, the accessory will automatically perform a short function test of 5 seconds.
Two-color LED indicator
This indicator on the emergency light accessory may illuminate with the following warning:
1. Continuous green (10 seconds on, 0.5 seconds off) = installed in standby mode. Everything is fine.
2. Flashing green (1.5 seconds on, 0.5 seconds off) = The accessory is charging or testing the battery.
3. Red flashes quickly (0.25 seconds on, 0.25 seconds off) = LED light source, temperature sensor or electronic device has problems. Send an internal mechanism to fix it. Reset the connector after reinstalling the repaired component. The reset can be done by pressing the test button twice within 5 seconds or by disconnecting and reconnecting the current on L1 twice within 5 seconds.
5. Red slow flashing (0.5 second on, 1.5 seconds off) = battery is defective or insufficient capacity. Replace the battery by following the instructions in the manual and press the test button twice within 5 seconds, or disconnect and reconnect the current on L1 twice within 5 seconds to reset the connector.
As a standard project, emergency light fittings with LEDOLOGY have a NiCd 3.6V / 1.6Ah high temperature. HBI’s battery pack. Other battery packs can be used for the special design of LEDOLOGY. Therefore, for your safety, you should always consult the instructions on the manual and on the connector. As a precaution, we recommend that you replace the battery after 4 years. When replacing the battery, the new battery pack should be connected to the board in the correct way (black / – and red / +). Waste batteries are considered chemical waste and must be disposed of in accordance with the law.