Eaton Char-Lynn Motor – Cleaning Motor Idle Valve, Exhaust Pipe
The oil vapor of the EFI motor flows out of the crankcase exhaust pipe, enters the air filter, and then enters the intake chamber. After combustion in the motor, it can reduce the pollution of the direct discharge oil vapor to the atmospheric environment. As the oil vapor enters the intake system, the temperature drops, and the oil vapor condenses and condenses, causing pollution to the intake system of the vehicle. For example, the intake pressure sensor is oiled, the fuel pressure regulator is dirty, the idle rotary valve is dirty, and the vacuum tube is dirty. Wait. This is a common disease of the EFI motor.
Some taxis will burn off the oil vapor and discharge it directly into the atmosphere. This behavior that harms others is wrong. At the same time, this practice is also disadvantageous for the internal ventilation of the crankcase.
The intake pressure sensor enters the oil so that the ecu does not get the correct pressure data from the motor intake chamber. It cannot give the correct control action and the motor is not working properly. The most obvious phenomenon is that it is easy to extinguish in driving, and the idle speed is low and unstable. Replace the imported pressure sensor, it costs 400 yuan.
The idle rotary valve is dirty, causing the motor to idle and unstable.
The fuel pressure regulator is dirty, so that the ecu does not get the difference between the fuel and the inlet pressure, causing the fuel injection pressure to be too high. The excessive supply of oil causes the mixture to be concentrated, resulting in poor acceleration, high idle speed and instability.
Cleaning of motor idle valves, vacuum tubes, throttles and crankshaft exhaust pipes is a common maintenance for the Fukang tu5jp/k and tu3jp/k EFI motors and can be done by yourself. Do a good job in this diy work, some common motor failures will not appear, you can also enrich the level of the car, you may wish to try. The Eaton Char-lynn Motor describes how to clean the motor idle valve and crankshaft exhaust pipe:
First, idle valve cleaning
The idle valve is located at the rear of the motor. It is connected to the air filter through a pipe and the motor is connected to the motor intake. It is a two-coil-controlled shut-off valve with four fluxes with different conduction positions. When it is turned on, the motor directly draws air from the air filter through the idle valve to keep the motor running at idle speed. Due to long-term use, it is inevitable that there will be fouling, resulting in impediment of the idle valve, unstable idle speed, or flameout during driving.
It is recommended to clean once every quarter and you can diy. Methods as below:
1. The motor is in flameout, slightly cooler, uncover the motor cover and support it. Prepare a carburetor cleaner, a plastic sign, and a good quality paper towel.
2. The idle valve should be on the right side of the motor at the rear of the motor. First unplug the drive line on the idle valve and pay attention to the direction of the plug for proper recovery. Don’t use brute force, first remove the wire clamp and gently pull it.
3. Loosen the two hexagon socket screws with a hex wrench, remove the idle valve, clean with the carburetor cleaning agent, and remove the dirt inside with a clean paper towel. The plastic bottle can remove the dirt from the place where the finger can not penetrate. If you have a skin tiger or a source of compressed air, you can blow the idle valve. After the cleaning is completed, shake the idle valve to feel whether its cylindrical valve body is free to move. If there is a stuck card, it means that it has not been cleaned. The valve body should be filled with cleaning agent and shaken again, several times until it is cleaned.
4. In the reverse order of disassembly, keep it clean, install the idle valve, and correctly insert the drive line plug on the idle valve. Try starting the motor.
Second, cleaning the vacuum tube
From the motor intake chamber, there is a rubber tube with a diameter of about 10mm. The fuel regulator and the intake pressure sensor are connected through a three-way, and the intake pressure sensor is at the right front of the motor compartment. Rpc new free man, rlc, etc. use tu3jp / k motor, vacuum tube before entering the pressure sensor, through a white translucent small plastic pot, I think it is set to prevent oil vapor pollution pressure sensor, do not skip it Connect the pressure sensor directly. The vacuum tube of the tu5jp/k motor is directly connected to the pressure sensor, and there is no plastic pot for depositing oil. Therefore, the pressure sensor of the tu5jp/k motor is more likely to be contaminated by the oil vapor.
Diy cleaning is easy, the method is:
1. Pull out the vacuum tube, use a 80cm long thin steel wire, hook a clean cloth of appropriate size, pull it through the vacuum tube, and wipe off the oil. Be careful not to injure the rubber tube, nor to leave the fibers of the cloth in the pipe, which can be blown with compressed air.
2. Clean the pressure sensor with a carburetor cleaner and carefully wipe it with a paper towel and a small plastic sign. The white translucent small plastic pot can also be removed and wiped clean with a paper towel to ensure the smooth flow of the two outlet tubes.
3, then look at the fuel regulator and vacuum tube connection is contaminated, please wipe carefully with a paper towel and a small plastic sign.
4, in accordance with the original connection, keep clean, put all the vacuum tubes in place, can not leak.
5. Start the motor and see if the idle speed is stable. If it is unstable, the vacuum tube of the pressure sensor is generally not inserted, or leaking or not. Don’t be nervous, after the flameout, check it carefully and re-plug it.
Third, cleaning the throttle
Due to long-term use, the throttle will also accumulate, affecting the throttle opening and closing, causing the motor to not work properly. It is recommended that when cleaning the air filter, check the throttle cylinder for dirt. If there is fouling, use a carburetor cleaner.
The method is (assuming the air filter has been taken apart):
1. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to loosen the fastening screws of the air filter and the metal clip of the throttle body to separate the air filter top cover from the throttle body.
2. Keep the throttle valve closed. Spray the carburetor cleaner around the door and carefully wipe it with a paper towel and a small plastic sign.
3. Move the throttle fan shape back and forth by hand to see if the throttle is clean and free to open and close. Then connect the air filter to the throttle body, and then attach the screw to ensure the seal and tighten the metal clip.
4. Note: Do not remove the throttle position sensor plug from the automatic gear. It is on the throttle body. Otherwise, you need to use the instrument to re-initialize the accelerator pedal position. Be careful not to spray the carburetor cleaner onto the throttle body. The air filter seals the rubber ring, which corrodes the rubber ring and affects the sealing.
The above-mentioned cleaning throttle body belongs to partial cleaning. To be completely cleaned, the throttle cable must be removed, the throttle body is completely removed from the motor intake chamber, and the carburetor cleaning agent is used for cleaning. More trouble, it is recommended to do it at the repair station. Especially in the automatic gear, after the throttle body is removed, the position of the accelerator pedal should be initialized with a special instrument, which cannot be done by itself.
Method for cleaning crankcase exhaust pipe and filter
The crankcase exhaust pipe and filter are cleaned regularly every month, which can reduce the pollution of the oil exhaust gas to the throttle valve, the pressure sensor vacuum tube and the gasoline pressure regulator vacuum tube. This regular maintenance, diy is very easy, it is recommended to do it yourself. Specific * method:
1. After the hot car is turned off, wait for the motor to cool down slightly, uncover the motor cover, and support it.
2. Prepare a good quality paper towel, and listen to the “carburetor cleaner”.
3. Stand on the left front wheel side of the left side of the nacelle, and grab the exhaust rubber tube with your left hand, close to the air filter. Clench your right hand and hit the back of your left hand. The exhaust rubber hose should be disconnected from the air filter. The left hand will rush the exhaust rubber tube, otherwise the used oil will flow out and drip into the cabin.
4. Take out the exhaust filter and rinse it with a carburetor cleaner and place it on a clean paper towel.
5. Use a paper towel to remove the oil from the plastic joint at the end of the exhaust pipe, and also remove the oil from the air filter joint.
6. Put the exhaust filter into the plastic joint at the end of the exhaust pipe to make the point so that the exhaust pipe is in good agreement with the air filter.