Eaton Char-Lynn Motor – Motor Can Not Start Reason
The Eaton Char-lynn Motor focuses on the idea that it is impossible to start troubleshooting, and it is hoped that it will provide troubleshooting ideas for future troubles that the Motor cannot be started and difficult to start.
Automotive technology has advanced by leaps and bounds, and more and more electronic control devices have been used to improve the performance of various aspects of the car, such as power, comfort and safety. It can be said that the car has entered the era of electronic control. However, the technical content of electronic products is relatively high, the circuit is relatively complicated, and it is generally difficult to master, which adds a lot of problems for vehicle maintenance.
1 Motor can not start the root cause of the fault
There are many reasons for the failure of the Motor to start, but after finishing, it can be summarized as the following aspects:
(1) Starting the system. The Motor could not be started, and the start of the system should be suspected, mainly to determine whether the starter can rotate normally. There are two situations. The first is that the starter does not turn, it may be caused by the start-up circuit, or it may be the starter’s own fault; the second is that the starter can turn, but the starter may turn weak, and the starter should be turned on. Remove it and check if the speed and torque of the starter meet the requirements. If the requirements are met, the fault may not be activated.
(2) Ignition system. It may be that the ignition timing is incorrect, the ignition energy of the spark plug is weak or cannot be ignited, and the starter cannot be started. Incorrect ignition timing may be caused by improper settings or by a speed sensor failure. Spark plug sparks weak or lack of fire, may be the spark plug itself failure, or ignition circuit leakage, poor contact.
(3) Fuel supply. If the fuel pressure is too low or the injector is malfunctioning, it may cause the Motor to fail to start. The fuel pressure is too low, which may be caused by a fuel filter blockage, a tubing leak, or a hydraulic regulator failure. Injector failure may be caused by blockage of the fuel injection hole and burnout of the solenoid valve coil.
(4) Other aspects. If the air filter is clogged and the cylinder compression pressure is too low, the Motor will not start.
2 Motor can not start troubleshooting ideas analysis
(1) Perform routine inspection first. Mainly check whether the battery voltage is sufficient, whether the fuse box or relay box is ablated, whether the main circuit wires are loose, the contact is bad, the grounding is poor, the air filter is blocked, the oil quantity is enough, the fuel quantity is enough, the oil pipe, Whether the water pipe or the like leaks.
(2) Check the startup system.
1 Remove the fuel pump relay from the fuse box;
2 When the shift lever is in the N or P position (A/T) or when the clutch pedal (M/T) is depressed, set the ignition switch to the STTR position. If the starter drives the Motor to rotate normally, the starting system is normal. If the starter does not drive the Motor at all, go to the next step. If it cannot separate the flywheel ring gear when the key is returned, check the core and switch failure, the drive gear is contaminated or the one-way clutch is damaged.
3 Check the battery status. Check the connection parts of the battery electrical components, the negative battery harness connecting the vehicle body, the Motor harness and the starter for loose and corroded connecting harnesses, and test them here. If the starter drives the Motor to rotate normally, the starting system is normal. If the starter still does not drive the Motor to rotate, go to the next step.
4 Separate the electromagnetic switch S-terminal connector. Short-circuit the electromagnetic switch B terminal and S terminal with a jumper. If the starter drives the Motor to turn, go to the next step. If the starter still does not drive the Motor to rotate, remove the starter as needed to repair or replace.
5 Check the following items in order until you find the circuit that is open. Check the wiring harness and connector between the lower fuse/relay box and the ignition switch of the driver’s seat, and between the fuse/relay and the starter. Check the ignition switch. Check the transmission gear switch connector or the ignition lock switch connector. Check the starter relay.
(3) Check the ignition system. First, check and adjust the ignition timing, then remove the spark plug and perform the flashover test. If the flashover is not normal, check the electrode gap of the spark plug, which should be between 1.0~1. 1 mm. If the gap is normal, check the points. Cylinder high-voltage line resistance and ignition coil resistance: The primary coil resistance between the measurement terminals (+) (-) is 0.66 Ω ± 10%. If there is no problem with the resistance, check whether the igniter, speed sensor, etc. have ablation. Yes, replace the new one.
(4) Fuel supply system. Check the oil pressure of the oil circuit. If the oil pressure is normal, check the injector for any malfunction. If the oil pressure is not normal, check the fuel filter and oil pressure regulator for any faults.
(5) If there is no problem in starting, ignition and oil circuit, it is necessary to check whether there is a mechanical failure, and the pressure of each cylinder can be detected.
3 maintenance example Motor can not start troubleshooting
Phenomenon: A serrato sedan, the 1.6-liter Motor has been driving 41 000 km, and the Motor fails to start.
Detection and analysis: First try to start the Motor, there is no sign of launch, but the starter is powerful, indicating that there is no problem with the start and power. Check the plugs of the line and find no looseness. A brief inspection of various indicators and meters was made, and no obvious abnormalities were found. Check the high and low voltage circuits and the timing belt again, and there is no abnormality. Remove the rear seat, turn on the ignition switch, and do not hear the sound of the gasoline pump. Check the gasoline pump circuit with a multimeter and find that the fuel pump relay has a voltage of 12V, so it is determined that the oil pump relay does not work. The relay is detected, everything is normal, and then the relay coil is directly grounded, and the fuel pump works normally. Analyze the working path of the fuel pump: power → insurance → main relay → a terminal. Oil pump relay → b end → Motor control ECU. It was analyzed that the Motor ECU did not receive the signal, so the fuel pump relay did not work. Then remove the terminal block of the Motor ECU, some rust, observe other rust on the other terminals, open the Motor ECU, there are a few small drops of water. It must be caused by moisture.
Treatment: Process the Motor ECU and wiring terminals. After drying with a hair dryer, connect it, start the test, and troubleshoot.